Put simply, the first step for us is to listen. We listen to understand where you're coming from and then we ask questions to understand where you're going.
- We begin by understanding your project and your goals.
- If it can be done, we'll start documenting the concept and ideas. Based on them, we'll create an overall product strategy.
- Once the strategy is in place, we'll move on to defining processes, creating wireframes and user flows, until we've built a prototype.
- Based on the prototype, we'll research the best technical solutions and we'll put together the strategy for development.
- Further on, as the project progresses through design and development, we'll manage changes, offer guidance and make sure everything stays on track.
Long term, the main role of the consultant is to shift the perspective. Instead of focusing only on meeting the specifications, staying on budget and delivering on time, we must consider long term implications, such as performance, cost of maintenance, cost of further development and all the other factors that make up your long term strategy.