Join our team as a PHP developer
(Bucharest / London / Remote from mainland Europe)
Who are we
We are a small team of like-minded individuals, that recently switched from “WordPress only” to “a bit of WordPress and mostly OOP (PHP)” in order to cater for the complexity of our projects.
We promote an open, informal, culture and we’re heading towards a flat organization structure. We value proactive team players, capable of both following and taking the lead.
We are proud to work with companies like Clear Talents and The Clear Company in creating applications that help companies meet their employee needs, hire diverse workforce and sustain disability employment. We also take pride in working with The EverLearner in creating the online learning platform for the “class of the future”.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for talented individuals, with strong technical backgrounds, who love to be challenged with a difficult project.
You should be a team player, skilled in PHP and MySQL, with a deep understanding of OOP and the MVC model. Some degree of front-end skills (CSS, JQuery, Angular 2) are required but not mandatory. Experience in working with Symfony would be nice, yet analytical thinking, (vanilla) PHP and MySQL skills are making the difference on a technical level.
You are welcome to work from our offices, remote (UK or mainland Europe only) or semi-remote – we’re flexible about it. You can choose to work part-time (6 hours / day) or full time (8 hours / day) and we should be able to accommodate switching from one to another depending on the projects you’re working on.
What will you do
- Develop web applications in PHP, using Symfony or some other MVC
- Offer technical advice regarding the best solutions for different tasks
- Stay up to date with technology and tools that can improve the way we work
How do you know if you’re the person we are looking for
- You’re a team player
- You have a minimum 5 years experience as a programmer and at least 2 years in PHP
- You’re able to work with the MVC model
- You can use Git (for version control)
- You have working experience with at least one of: Symfony, Zend, CakePHP or Laravel
- You can work from the terminal
- You are responsible and organized
- 21 days holiday (+bank holidays)
- Bonuses for reaching our targets
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working locations
- Paid visits to our offices (for colleagues that work remote)
- Learning support – either by purchasing courses, through the help of our team or by developing experimental projects
- Being part of a team that genuinely cares for each other, where you are supported to perform at your best
How to apply:
Send us an email with your CV and any other relevant information (such as your GitHub profile) to email@example.com and we will be in touch.